Complete Coverage from Battey Insurance and Farmers Will Make You Feel Right at Home

At Battey Insurance of Santa Cruz, we specialize in providing home, condominium, and renter insurance policies based on your specific needs. Call us today to learn more about how Farmers can help protect everything you've worked so hard to achieve. The types of coverages include:*

Dwellings and other structures
For most of us, our home is the single largest investment we will make. Homeowners insurance provides coverage for damage to your home and other structures on your property such as a shed or detached garage. For townhouse owners, your townhouse and separate structures are covered for almost any type of damages except for a few common exclusions, such as wear and tear, earth movement, flood, nuclear hazard and earthquake.

Dwelling Improvements, Alterations, and Additions
Condominium owners are covered for accidental damage to improvements you make in your unit for which your association's policy does not provide coverage, subject to your condo insurance policy limits.

Loss assessment
Condominium owners will also receive up to $1,500 for assessments arising from covered damage. This can be used to pay for your share of property damage or injury awards for which your association's policy does not provide coverage. Typically, up to $50,000 is available, but this may vary depending on your policy.

Personal Property
Homeowners, condominium, or renters insurance also provides coverage for your household contents and personal belongings. You may think your couch, coffee table, sweaters, shoes, coats, TV, VCR and CD player aren't worth a lot, but those items all add up when you have to replace them.

Personal Liability
Finally, in the event someone is injured on your property or you damage property that belongs to others, you could be held legally liable for the injury or damage. A homeowner, condominium or renter policy provides liability coverage and personal property insurance should this ever occur.

*Only up to the limits of the insurance coverages purchased.

What if you don't have insurance?
Without insurance, you'll be responsible for protecting your property, possessions and liability exposure. For instance, if your house burns down or is destroyed by a tornado, you'll need to rebuild your home and replace all your damaged possessions with only the funds you have or can obtain. Do you usually have $500,000 readily available in case something like this happens? If so, could you be putting that money to better use instead of having it sit there just in case something happens?

Something else to consider: if someone is injured on your property, they may sue you for injuries and damages they sustain which may be well beyond $1,000,000. Without insurance, you may have to liquidate your assets and even lose a portion of your wages if you need to pay for a judgment.

Available Discounts
Depending on your state, you may be eligible for a variety of home insurance discounts.*
Farmers currently offers discounts in these categories:

Multi-Line Discounts (Auto/Home, Home/Life)
Home Renovation
Interior Inspection
New Home
Protective Devices
Fire Safeguards
Age 50+
And more!

* Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. See the Insurance Terms Glossary for full descriptions.